Continuity of Operations planning information for the College of Education: Click here

College of Education > Certification


Many US states and territories require professional licensure/certification to be employed. If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession after completing this program, please visit the Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map.  

Achieve your Dream

Student-teacher works with a student in class.If you are interested in working in schools in most states, you are required to hold a teaching certificate. Our Teacher Preparation Program will help you meet of the requirements to earn your certificate.

We also offer post-baccalaureate teacher certification.

To Qualify for a Certificate in Pennsylvania:

  • Complete an approved education preparation program (e.g., the Penn State College of Education’s program)
  • Receive the recommendation of your college/university
  • Meet all testing requirements
  • Meet other education requirements

WStudent-teacher instructs classroom.e are Here to Help

The College of Education has many supportive team members that will help you work through the teacher-certification process. Our team members are experts at helping students through the process.

Teaching in Another State?

If you plan on teaching in another state, the College of Education can help guide you through the process to transfer your certification to other states.

Have Questions?

Contact us at 814-865-0488 or send an email to