Continuity of Operations planning information for the College of Education: Click here


Financial Aid Information

Graduate assistantships are not often awarded directly by the Counselor Education program. In recent years, master's students have received assistantships from various departments and divisions at Penn State (e.g. Residence Life, Admissions, Information and Technology Services, and Academic Departments). Information may be obtained directly from the following offices: Fellowship Office, 317 Kern Building; Residential Life Programs, 135 Boucke Building; or Office of Student Aid, 314 Shields Building, University Park, PA 16802. Applicants can also gather this information from the Penn State Website.

PSU Office of Student Aid

Bursar's Office (Tuition Rates)

Apply for financial aid online

Need to fill out student financial aid forms? Save time and avoid errors by filling out the forms online.

Undergraduate and graduate students can apply or re-apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at

According to the Department of Education, 12 to 14% of paper applications are returned due to errors.

Filing electronically decreases mistakes, allows for easy corrections and updates, and saves an account for each individual. Customer service is available by calling 1-800-801-0576 or 1-800-511-5806.