Continuity of Operations planning information for the College of Education: Click here

Graduate Minor

Doctoral Minor in Higher Education (HIED)

Doctoral students who find it advantageous to include HIED content, methods, and policy analysis in their program of study may complete a minor in higher education. Students who are interested in the HIED doctoral minor should send a letter of interest to the administrative assistant of the HIED program (Susan Bass, that includes a rationale for pursuing a minor in HIED.  Then, if approved by the professor-in-charge of the HIED program, the student will be required:

  • To complete a minimum of 15 HIED credits as follows:
    • 3 credits, HIED 501 or HIED 545
    • 3 credits, HIED 502
    • 3 credits, HIED 552
    • 3 credits, HIED 556
    • 3 credits, Elective
  • To include a HIED faculty representative on their doctoral committee in the role of “Minor Field Member.”
  • To fill out a ‘Request to Add Graduate Minor’ form.  Form can be found at: